These are MY badges – I know that there are millions of others out there, but I personally own all of these. The vast majority of these badges are official and are marked as such. I don’t usually make a point of buying unofficial badges unless they are celebrating a particularly important match although you will see that I do have one or two made for League games.
The reference numbers (e.g. AFBC Ref: HUD34) are from the Association of Football Badge Collectors catalogue.
Quite a few of these have now sold – PLEASE contact me with PICTURES of the ones that you want so that I can tell you what is still available.
Huddersfield Town Supporters & Patrons Club badges
All of these are official badges @£5 each
- I have dated the two ‘Maltese Cross’ style badges above as possibly 1940s even though others suggest 1960s; they just look older than that to me, so please let me know if you can confirm one way or another.
- ‘Moscow Branch’ badges were available in various colours, but only 20 of each were made
Special Celebratory Badges
@£3 each (Premier Pledger @£10; FAC Finals badges ALL SOLD)
- The ‘Premier Pledger’ badge was issued to just 4500 season card holders
- The Everton badge was given out to fans in the ‘posh’ seats at Goodison Park, November 2017 (with thanks to Richard Cookson)
- The 2018 ‘Chinese Year of the Dog’ was also supplied by Richard Cookson
- The White Rose Club Hospitality badges were also for Match Day Sponsors (with thanks to Sam Horsman at HTAFC)
General badges, quite possibly in date order…
The 1950s and 1960s
@£3 each (1960s official enamel and Gamage’s only)
- The Davie badge is almost certainly unofficial and possibly home-made
- The 1960s enamel badge is my very own and I have had it since 1968
@£3 each (Swedish pin, 2x Reeves, 1970/71 tin Terrier & Tudor Crisps badges = sold)
- 1970-1971 small badge – is it by Reeves? It is not stamped and I’m not convinced that this is genuine. I think that this is far more likely to be a modern (c2011) product as I don’t remember seeing these smaller versions although the large ones were certainly around back then – I had one!
- The unofficial c1971 tin and Tudor Crisps badges must be about this date as Town were in the top division then and were more likely to have this kind of thing produced
@£3 each (Terrier Trek = sold)
- AFBC Ref: HUD9 really is this small!
- Unofficial? 1988-90 – a strange one; it’s exactly the same as the previous badge except that it has blue sleeves – Town have never played in all-blue sleeves which leads me to question its validity.
- I can only presume that the ‘Terrier Trek ’84’ badge was produced to mark the ‘Walk Around the Pitch’ fund-raiser of 1984. In addition, this badge is shown in much-reduced size; it’s actually 7cm in diameter!
- I know for a fact that several of the unofficial badges shown above were sold outside the ground by a chap who had a board full of different designs. He is still there in the 2020s 🙂
- The official ‘crest’ badges of 2006 and 2007 can be dated precisely because there is no “AFC” in the scroll